Hi there! Long time no see, I know.
I’m writing today with an update on this blog and other endeavours.
When I started this blog I committed to publishing a new post every Tuesday and Thursday. Looking back through my recent history, it’s clear that that hasn’t been the case in the last month or so. I’m sure many of you have been wondering why.
Well, there are a few reasons for this. First of all, my life has been tremendously busy with non-blog-related things. I’ve been working a lot and it’s been hard to find time to write on here (excuses excuses, I know).
More importantly, though, I’ve been exploring other avenues of the internet to drive new readership to my blog. This has been a focus for me since September. I’ve been guest posting on blogs across the Internet. Here’s a few examples:
- The 3 Best Dividend Growth Stocks In Canada for 2017 (and Beyond) on Sure Dividend
- Lessons Learned From Bay Street on Financial Uproar
- Three Ways To Invest Better With Statistics on Andrew Sather’s Investing For Beginners blog
Lately, something that’s kept me very busy is the writing that I have been doing for Seeking Alpha – the world’s largest source for crowdsources equity research.
I’ve been an avid user of Seeking Alpha for a long time now. Creating an account on their website allows you to “follow” certain companies and receive quality investment research about them in your email inbox. It’s been a great way for me to improve my writing skills and “crowd-test” my investment theses against other investors.
To date, here is a list of my publication on Seeking Alpha:
- Brookfield: Diversification, Dividend Growth, and Promising Total Returns
- Enbridge: Incredible Dividend Growth Creates A Compelling Value Proposition
- My Least Favorite Canadian Bank
- Manulife: An Attractive Valuation With A Focus On Technology
- The Fastest-Growing Canadian Telecom Also Has The Cheapest Valuation? Yes Please.
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners: A Bet On The Inevitable Growth In Renewable Energy
- Quantitative Comparison: The ‘Big Five’ Canadian Banks – Part I
- Dream Office REIT: Still Trading At A Significant Discount After NAV Writedown
- Quantitative Comparison: The ‘Big Five’ Canadian Banks – Part II
- A Detailed Look At CN Rail’s Most Recent Earnings Report
- CIBC’s Acquisition of PrivateBancorp Was Certainly Expensive – But Does It Present An Arbitrage Opportunity?
- The Most Obvious ‘Buy’ Among The Canadian Banks
- 2 Reasons To Believe In Long-Term Dividend Investing, and Ways To Boost Income
- What Investors Should Learn From Canadian Pacific Railway’s Q3 Earnings Report
- Brookfield Business Partners – A New Way To Invest With Brookfield
- Disciplined Cost Management, Strong Asset Base and Innovation in Technology Make Barrick The Leader of the Gold Industry
- What’s Behind Alimentation Couche-Tard’s Impressive Streak?
- Enbridge Earnings Report: Asset Monetization, Spectra Transaction, and Flat Adjusted EPS Numbers
- Everything You Need To Know About Fairfax’s Q3 Earnings Report
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners: Strong Industry Dynamics, Talented Management Team, and Q3 Results
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners: A Q3 Earnings Update
- Agrium: A Q3 Update Ahead of the Potash Merger
- Duke Energy: Q3 Earnings
- AmerisourceBergen: An Update After The Release of Q4 Financial Results
- Why Did CVS Tank After A Quarter of Fundamentally Good Earnings?
As you can see, I’ve certainly been busy. I’m focused for the next six months on growing this blog that can help people reach financial freedom.
Stay tuned for more!